When it comes to the real estate business, getting real estate leads is one of the main issues and problems especially for those new in this sector. I’m sure most of you have tried various marketing techniques from online marketing to the normal marketing of cold calling and handing out fliers. Well, those strategies do work but instead of wasting too much time formulating a marketing strategy again and again, why not concentrate on methods that really do work and could bring you a higher percentage of real estate leads?
Now, when we talk about real estate leads, we most invariably refer to highly motivated seller leads or even desperate buyer leads. Whichever it is, in the real estate business, we depended the most on motivated seller leads to get great below market value properties and of course, we need even more motivated buyers to get those properties off our hands so that we could earn a sizeable profit from it.
Although the current economic situation is not doing so well, I feel that it is the best time as any to get really good real estate leads. This is because in such trying times, there are plenty of highly motivated sellers out there and all you need are a straight path leading them to you. So, how do you do that? Here are some sure-fire and non-costly tips:
– Create a strong presence especially in the real estate sector online with a professionally set up and yet user-friendly website
– Encourage readers or visitors of your website to sign up to your website by offering free e-books in real estate investing, financial tips, on mortgages or any other topic you are comfortable with.
– Always provide them with great tips and advices on real estate management, real estate investment, even on real estate taxes so that you become a source they trust.
– Other than an online presence, start creating an in-person presence by being more prominent in your community
– Take part in community events and functions as often as possible and remember to network, network, network! But remember, don’t be too pushy as this could turn people off you.
– Distribute bold, interesting real estate fliers in your area frequently to target different segments each time so the first 100 fliers could be targeting motivated sellers while the second batch could be targeting buyers. So, yes, you will need to create different fliers for different markets.
– Dig out your own lists (especially the old ones) and start sending them emails / letters reminding them that you are still around and ever ready to help them with their real estate needs.
– Join clubs and associations and be as prominent as you can during those meetings and functions. Again, this is for networking purposes for you to distribute your business cards but remember, no hard selling or pushiness getting people to go to you when it comes to real estate.
– Start a charity event (it could be a small bake sale, it doesn’t matter) and start inviting everyone to participate. Just remember to place your business information and logo in a prominent place and yes, start passing out your business card to all those who came. the arden